miércoles, 15 de noviembre de 2017

English Language Challenges

Although I had already done blogs last semester, the topics of this semester were more fun and I enjoyed the experience a lot. Even though that we were few in this section of English but it was interesting to know about my classmates and know a little about them.

The classes were very educational and I loved them! Even though it was Friday and we go out late, I enjoy a lot and I learned even more. My favorite activity was the Simpsons! When we had to play to giving directions in the iconic places of Springfield! It was a very innovative activity!

My biggest problem in this subject is that I understand very well the American English but there isn't the same with the British English. It's very difficult for me to understand it! I think I'll start to see more series where this type of English is spoken to familiarize me with his accent and his strange way of speaking.

Outside the English class the only instance where I practice my grammar is on twitter. I have a personal account where I follow many English speakers and interact with them. It's fun and sometimes I ask for help when I don't know how to express an idea. But no doubt where I most listen to people talking in English is in our classes. Also on youtube! I'm a faithful follower of beauty channels and the most of my beauty bloggers are English speakers, so i have to be aware of everything!


No doubt knowing English at the university is very necessary and some criticize that this isn't the English that we needed for our level but I think that is the point of having four levels of English that at least we all reach the same level of English at the end of the second year of the career. And at least to me, the English marks help me a lot to raise my average! Also to learn English there must be the desire to learn and find alternatives because there are many possibilities on the internet to learn. So it is from each one the task of learning!

4 comentarios:

  1. I agree with you... play to giving directions with the Simpsons city was soo funny! but with that activity I realized how bad I'm giving directions...
    Great post!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I'm agree with you, the class were funnier than the last semester. Nice post and greets.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. You're right, American English is very different from British English. The pronunciation is much more fluid in the American one.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. The same to me, british english sounds uncommon. American style is dominant here, so is a good challenge to understand the british style. Nice post, especially your interaction in twitter.

    ResponderEliminar

English Language Challenges

Although I had already done blogs last semester, the topics of this semester were more fun and I enjoyed the experience a lot. Even though ...